Saturday, July 17, 2021

Five Star Hotel - 'Streets of Rage' (2016)

 Five Star Hotel is one of my favorite current producers. Her music is I guess EDM trap? But that's really not doing it justice...there's a lot of influence from harsh noise, goth, industrial, and body horror cinema. 'Gray Data' is the classic album, but she's since moved onto noisier material with harsh vocals. I think because the current sound is so far removed from her old work, a lot of it has either been taken down or is just lost to time.

This is a mixtape (I think) that I spent months trying to track down. It's got a very distorted, bitcrushed sound and a vague dystopian theme running through it. Some of these recordings were reworked for her full-lengths (I think one of them is on 'Outlands?') but the mix flows really nice as a single piece.

Please support her other projects if you like this one! She has a deluxe version of 'Gray Data' up w/ extra tracks...get it now bc it could always disappear...


Tracklist:

1. S1
2. Streets of Rage
3. Radio Free
4. NetgearAD
5. Horizon
6. S2
7. Pentium
8. Hexagoness
9. S3
10. Underpass
11. Tempad
12. Column
13. S4
14. Whole Earth Gone Again

(nevermind the double tracks...hard drive copying bullshit and I already uploaded it lol)



No comments: