Sunday, November 21, 2010

Society's Fault - Episode 19

Yep...this stuff's going up here now. For previous playlists (those actually chronicled---we kind of stopped doing that after a bit) you can check here. We put up a few albums for download, too. For those that don't know, I co-host this show under the name 'Rotweiler' (I know it's spelled wrong) with my friend Jake, who plays in Coma Nova with me. We have separated this show into three sections: One focusing on proto punk, one on punk, and one on post-punk (late 70's to early 90's). It's basically a punk rock history lesson. Plus, it allows me to play a lot of the weird shit that I played on Obscuro. The show has been a hit thus far (although sometimes it feels like the Mr. Show sketch where the guy has the most complicated call-in show ever..) and we have a good time at it. Mostly, we just fuck around. So, here's the playlist from this past week's show:

Proto-punk:
Blue Cheer - Summertime Blues
Randy Holden - Guitar Song
Fifty Foot Hose - If Not This Time
The Beat of the Earth - This is an Artistic Statement Pt. II
Speed, Glue and Shinki - Wanna Take You Home
The Birthday Party - Hamlet Pow Pow Pow
The Shaggs - My Pal Foot Foot

Punk:
Detention - Dead Rock and Rollers
Ramones - Locket Love
Dead Kennedys - Ill in the Head
Patti Smith Group - 25th Floor
Chrome - Monitors
Didjits - Momma Had a Skull Baby
Mission of Burma - Academy Fight Song
The Cure - 10:15 on a Saturday Night
The Cure - Accuracy
The Cure - Grinding Halt
The Cure - Another Day
Operation Ivy - The Crowd (request)
Operation Ivy - Bombshell (request)

Post-punk:
Quicksand - Thorn in My Side
Christian Death - When I was Bed
Swans - Stay Here
Echo and the Bunnymen - Villiers Terrace
Modest Mouse - Interstate 8
Lazy - Stella Drye
The Cure - All I Want
Slint - Darlene

...yeah...we like The Cure a lot. You think that's bad? Have a listen to the prior week's podcast.

Or just listen to them all by clicking here.

No comments: