Monday, November 1, 2010

The Frogs - 'CBGayB's 1989'

If you don't like The Frogs or don't think they're funny, then you're a fucking dingus. This is a live recording from (as the title would indicate) CBGB's in the year of 1989 (aka prime Frog years.) Best known as 'that band that Billy Corgan likes,' these guys have been knocking off improv songs (with overdubbed improv lyrics) about being gay, being straight, being murderers, being pedophiles, being black, being KKK members, and basically anything else that is ripe for parody since the early 80's. Starting off as something of a goth-punk band, they quickly abandoned the idea of a show-playing 'real' band in favor of (I'm assuming) doing lots of drugs and fucking around in their house.

And yes, Billy Corgan DOES love them too. He's brought them on numerous tours with the Pumpkins, and even produced their EP 'Starjob' (playing guitar here and there as well.) Although, he apparently doesn't love them enough to have them play at the right time...I went to see the Pumpkins a couple years back on a reunion tour and I paid like 50 bucks for a ticket. Not because I love the Pumpkins (they're alright) but because The Frogs were to be the opening act. However, they played BEFORE the start-time of the show listed on the ticket for some reason, and I missed them (because who shows up 3 hours early to a concert?) Fuck you, Billy Corgan. I will never forgive you for that.

Artist: The Frogs
Title: (Live at) 'CBGayB's 1989'
Year: Duh....1989
Tracklist:

1. Introduction
2. Someone's Pinning Me to the Ground
3. These are the Finest Queen Boys (I've Ever Seen)
4. Adam and Steve
5. (Thank God I Died) in the Car Crash
6. I've Got Drugs (Out of the Mist)
7. I Don't Care if U Disrespect Me (Just so You Love Me)
8. Been a Month Since I had a Man
9. Homos
10. Lifeguard of Love
11. Man Man Man
12. The Benefits of AIDS
13. Hot Cock Annie
14. Richard Dick Richards
15. Boys with the Boys
16. God is Gay
17. Fuck Off
18. Baby Greaser George
19. Free Bird (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
20. The Pretender (Jackson Browne)

DOWNLOAD

Maybe I'll just post all The Frogs' stuff here. It's all good. I've got it all, too...including the cassettes where most of the tracks on their actual releases came from, and the unreleased album 'Racially Yours' (initially deemed too offensive even for them.) What cool fuckin' dudes the Flemion brothers must be.

8 comments:

mike said...

PLEASE do post all The Frogs stuff. Can't get enough.

Unknown said...

This is awesome! Noticed Terre T played Adam and Steve from this set on her Cherry Blosson Clinic show a few days ago. Great blog, thanks for the music

renember said...

Any chance of a re-upload? I would really appreciate it.

Bizarro Jerry said...

Fixed.

Kevin said...

=( rest in peace. is it possible to get this back online again?

Randy Handler said...

I second that! This looks great, and I desperately want to hear it - I think I read a review that said they do a "metal" version of Hot Cock Annie.

Bizarro Jerry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bizarro Jerry said...

Re-upped 2-3-13

-Jerry