Thursday, December 30, 2010

Some things I liked this year...

Well...I don't really keep up on new music. There's not too much of it that I like. Here are a few things that caught my eye (or ear,) however:

Electric Wizard - Black Masses
already reviewed it. Here.

Ghost - Opus Eponymous
already talked about it. Here.

Atheist - Jupiter
talked about it in the same thing as the Ghost album.

gONNA gET gOT - Mixtapes on Acid, Vol. 1
I dunno if I mentioned this one...I did a whole feature on this group and their previous incarnation The O a while back, but his newest release is pretty good, too. It's not AS good as some stuff, but whatever. It's not really a mixtape...it's just a regular album with songs that kind of flow together. A couple are really good and a few are way too poppy for my taste.

That album 'The Bad Wife' by Julie Christmas was pretty cool, too.

I dunno...I'm listening to this split by Oranssi Pazuzu and Candy Cane and it's pretty awesome. At least the Oranssi stuff is. They were featured for a brief moment on Forte a few weeks ago for their fusion of Can/Faust-style jamming with black metal. This stuff is pretty similar to their 2009 album.

Shit, I really don't know beyond that. I hate music.

...yeah, looked through my stuff a few times more and still didn't find anything.

No comments: